When discussing strategies for increasing outbound contact center sales, most modern facilities focus heavily on person-centered approaches. These techniques take the automation out of the equation - or at least appear to, from the perspective of the customer. However, there are ways to provide customer service and a perfect product pitch that will still give consumers that personalized, custom-tailored service feeling while offering your business the ability to make connections with more customers and see a great ROI.
Enter: Ringless Voicemail
For anyone who has ever enjoyed the quick convenience of leaving someone a note or sending an email rather than having an in-person meeting or a phone call, there is a technological equivalent to that feeling that will also make your life easier when it comes to boosting outbound sales. Consider ringless voicemail as a way to skyrocket your outbound call center sales
A ringless voicemail is exactly what it sounds like. It is a message that can be left for a consumer the same way a typical voicemail message might be, except that no actual call or “ring” is necessary beforehand. This prevents disturbance to your consumer’s everyday routine and allows them to listen to the information you have to share with them on their own terms and schedule - something many modern consumers really appreciate!
It also gives your facility the opportunity to make more deliveries of information - or voicemail “drops” - since they are simply leaving information and not interacting directly with a person. The more information you can distribute and the more connections you can make with potential customers, the higher your sales numbers will be!
Why Some Companies Avoid This Approach
So, with such ease and convenience, why aren’t all telecommunication and marketing companies using ringless voicemail as their primary method of communicating with consumers? The truth is, many organizations are scared of the technology.
Some people worry that ringless voicemail is unethical. Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, companies making sales or soliciting donations, etc. must follow specific guidelines set forth by the United States government, including:
- Not calling or contacting consumers before or after specific times each day.
- Adding a consumer’s name to the National Do Not Call registry upon request.
- Honoring the addition of that consumer’s name to the DNC list for the term of five years, and more.
These terms can become somewhat difficult to follow strictly when the use of a message system is employed that does not actually utilize calling is employed. Since the consumer is still being contacted in some way, some people feel that using ringless voicemail to bypass these rules is the same as committing a crime without the intention of doing the time.
Thankfully, those people are simply incorrect.
The Benefits that Outweigh the Risks
Strictly speaking, the use of ringless voicemail is legal under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. While there are those who might argue otherwise, they would be hard-pressed to come up with an argument for their position that would stand up in any court.
Beyond simply being legal, though, this type of voicemail is a versatile platform for companies in sales and many other industries to contact consumers without putting a dent in their day with unnecessary interruptions. Just a few examples of the ways voicemail without a call can be used to boost business and improve lives include:
- Contacting loyalty or reward program members with information about specials, deals, promotions, etc.
- Reminders for appointments or payments.
- Providing updates on orders, shipments, etc. for current customers
- Creating FOMO (fear of missing out) in customers who haven’t ordered in a while by advertising rare deals or specials
- Solicitation of donations for schools, non-profit, or religious organizations
- Sharing important information with community organization members, parents of students, etc.
- Generation of leads through the integration of other platforms, such as online contact forms, etc.
When you’re able to reach out to consumers without disturbing their daily routine - one of the things that traditionally bothers consumers most about outbound marketing calls - they will appreciate your company all the more for it. Adding this type of communication to your facility helps you stay in touch with leads that might otherwise fall by the wayside if you contacted them any other way.
Voicemail that doesn’t require a call also doesn’t require a live caller. This is perhaps the biggest benefit. This technique is cost-effective because of the low overhead it requires. Lower labor costs mean higher profit margins and agents that aren’t overworked - giving you a happier, healthier contact center on every level.
Getting Started with Ringless Voicemail
Putting this technology to work in your facility is simple. You’ve seen the benefits. You’ve seen what it may be able to do for your facility. The most difficult decision left is what type of software you’ll opt for - and who to partner with to get it.
At ChaseData, we believe we offer some of the best solutions for ringless voicemail available today, with a focus on making things easier for your business - and better for the consumer. With a number of industry-leading features, including:
- Natural human voice synthesizer - Never sound like a machine left your message.
- Complete customization capability for each message left - A different one for every contact.
- Plug-and-play ease - Simply input your information and enjoy your finished message.
- Multiple languages, accents, and dialects - Relate to your consumers better than ever before.
Ready to learn more about what ChaseData can do for your business through techniques like call-free voicemail and much more? Contact us today to get started. We’ll walk you through every step of the process, so you’ll get exactly what your facility needs - and your consumers will get the messages you want to send, loud and clear!